Monday, January 9, 2017

Welcome Back and Happy 2017!

Parents and Community Members, I shared this with staff this evening and wanted to extend the message to all of you! Happy 2017. ------------ Colleagues, I warmly welcome you back to what I hope is a very productive and successful 2017 at York High School! This year, we created and focused on two building goals: York Building Goals 2016-2017: 1. All students will grow by at least 30% on state standardized assessment from 8th grade to the end of junior year (using ACT counterparts to SAT scores). 2. There will be an increase in students accessing college level experiences, career programs, internships, and / courses at York that will prepare them for life beyond graduation. These goals have fueled the focus for PLC work and data mining. I am so proud of our progress, dedication, and collective decision-making throughout a process that can definitely be trying personally and professionally. In IAC this fall, we have kept the aforementioned goals close to heart as we unpack data in regards to career readiness, civic responsibility, growth, demographic considerations, RtI, and achievement gaps. We plan to continue to adhere to the PLC model each of you engage with on Wednesday mornings as an IAC. With that being said, I want thank each of you for working so hard to meet each student where s/he thrives with a growth mindset at heart. I am honored to lead such an extraordinary staff and look forward to what lies ahead. I leave this Friday for the January NCSSS (National Consortium of Secondary STEM Schools) executive board meeting over the weekend. I plan to update you on any new and upcoming ideas on the NCSSS partnership with innovative programming and pathway planning. My best wishes, fellow Dukes!